Year In Review 2021....The Redemption Year


2021.
 
What a year that was. I think we can all agree that this year was a hell of a lot better than 2020 but, there were definitely some moments where I thought to myself, "WHAT THE FUCK?" There were also moments when I was super happy and grateful.  A lot happened this year so let's get on with it. Grab a drink and a snack cause there's a lot to unpack!



 







January signifies the new year. It's  supposed to be about new beginnings, starting over and leaving the past in the past right? Well it looks like the universe decided to add a little spice to the start of 2021. On January 6th, Trump Supporters decided to storm the Capitol Building in D.C. in response to the 2020 election results. When Biden was announced as the President Elect back in November 2020, people who voted for Trump were obviously not happy and thought it was their "right" to invade the Capitol while the Senate & The House were in session in protest of the results. They thought that the election was "rigged" or "stolen" and that if they invaded that it would stop the proceedings. As I was watching this unfold I thought to myself, "Can't we EVER just have a quiet start to the year?" Not only did the rioters break into the capitol, but they took it one step further and broke into the Senate and people's offices and took pictures of government documents they thought had evidence of a rigged election. There have been many times in history when the question "Where were you?" is asked. In my 28 years on this planet, there has been only one other time when that was asked and that was 9/11. I never thought that I would have to answer that question again. Nor did I thought I would ever see a Confederate flag in a government building.  The fact that this day will be cemented not only in our memories for the rest of our lives, but future generations will learn about this day in their History books just like when children learned about 9/11. This day was a crazy one and we were not even a week into 2021. 


On January 20th , the Inauguration still went on as scheduled. People started to worry about what would happen at the inauguration because of what happened 2 weeks prior. Biden and Harris were sworn in as President and Vice President. People have their opinions on President Biden and Madame VP Harris and everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, giving them a chance and hoping that all would be well was all that we could do. When they were sworn in, it felt like I could breath again and that while no President is perfect, that we would be in good hands. In some ways, things did get better. Vaccines have been distributed all over the country and over 200 million people are fully vaxxed. However the Covid cases rose to 20 million at this time which makes it even more important to get vaccinated if you are medically able. That is another argument that people have been having this year. Whether or not to get vaccinated. Here's my thoughts on this and I will say this only once: If you are able to get vaccinated. Then just do it. There's no real excuse anymore not to. Why would you want to gamble with not only your health but others as well. 


It's hard to believe sometimes that we lost Justin nearly 5 years ago. Grief is an interesting thing. Some days are harder than others. There are days where you are doing really well and then there are the days where you just cry and wish that person was still here. Over the last 5 years, I have definitely had my really good and bad days. A few years ago is when I finally accepted Justin being gone. That doesn't mean it gets any easier. I still wish every day that he was here. I wonder sometimes what he would look like today or what he would be doing. I still talk to him like I always have. I hope that in the last 5 years, that he and my friend Heather are proud of me and what I have done in those years. Saying all of this, I wish everyday that he was here. Justin was an amazing person who will forever be missed. I've been missing what his voice sounded like so recently I watched his graduation speech video on Facebook and it felt good to hear his voice again. As we come up on 5 years in a couple weeks, I hope he continues to stay with me and watch over me. I will forever miss him. There's not a day that goes by where I don't think about him. Justin my  darling, I love you so much and I hope you are proud of me. Love you always, My Saturday Night Kind Of Pink.  













I did possibly my favourite photoshoot I have EVER done since I started doing them 4 years ago. My local thrift store called Get Thrifty, also has a record store which I discovered on TikTok. They have so many awesome vinyls. From Ariana Grande to Ed Sheeran and so much more.  I have always wanted to do a photo shoot like this. I love shooting with Jillie Denna. She has always done great work. I can't wait for more shoots in 2022!


When I tell you that after 2020 anything is possible, I really mean it. So does Mother Nature. In February,I heard  three words that I never thought  I would hear in the same sentence. Texas had snow. Yeah I know I wasn't sure I heard it right when I saw it on the news either. Texas experienced a major snowstorm that caused over 200 deaths and thousands were without power. Houses began to flood and break apart because as you know, Texas houses are not made for snow. In other news, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers won Superbowl LV, Marjorie Taylor Greene was removed from the House of Reps because of comments she had made in reference of the Sandy Hook and Parkland school shootings. Trump got impeached once again and got suspended and banned from Twitter and Facebook. Jeff Bezos, the Founder and CEO of Amazon stepped down after 26 years. As February came to a close, Covid deaths had reached 500,000. 


 In early March, Derek Chauvin, who was responsible for the death of George Floyd in 2020,  was put on trial. He was eventually found guilty and in June 2021, he was sentenced to nearly 23 years in prison. Some say that 23 years is not enough and I agree. I believed that he should've gotten a bigger sentence.




A lot of amazing things happened in March this year. Niall Horan's sophomore album Heartbreak Weather turned 1 years old. It's been more than a year later, and I still love the album just as much as I did when it dropped last year. Black and White is still my favourite song on the album and in early December, it reached 1 Billion streams on Spotify. This makes both Flicker & Heartbreak Weather surpassing 1 Billion streams. Then, Harry Styles won his first Grammy for Watermelon Sugar! When the presenter said " And the Grammy goes to....Harry Styles!", I screamed and started crying at the same time. He deserved that Grammy and we as a fandom were so incredibly proud of him for that win. He was recently nominated for another Grammy for Adore You. Here's hoping for another Grammy win for Harold!! I also turned 28 years old this year. It's crazy to think that in a little over 2 months, that I will be turning 29 and that in 15 short months that I will turning 30. Now I've had a list going of what I wanted to accomplish before I'm 30. I called it the "30 before 30" list. I have checked off a few numbers on that list and I'm excited to tick off many more in the next year and a half. 












 






A lot happened this Spring. After testing negative for Covid for a second time after my Birthday, I decided to stop my constant paranoia and get the vaccine. By the end of May, I was fully vaxxed and as of the 29th of December, I am now fully boosted. Which makes me feel a lot better for my travels in 2022. My friend Haylee got married to an awesome guy Regan and their wedding amazing. She had a gorgeous dress on of course and the group had a lot of fun and danced the night away. Niall Horan & Anne-Marie brought out a song/MV called "Our Song and it is absolutely incredible. I smell a future award for them two for this song.   Niall also became an Investor & Adviser for an Ireland-based Athletic clothing brand called Gym Plus Coffee. I myself can personally say that it's an amazing brand because I purchased their Dark Green Zip Up. I did another photo shoot with my friend Mariah where we splattered paint on me. The pictures turned out super cool, but for some reason I flinched each time she splattered paint on me. In April/May, Harry won an iHeart for Adore You and a Brit Award for Watermelon Sugar, and after 17 years since the last episode, the cast of Friends reunited for a Special on HBO Max. I would be lying if I said I didn't cry whilst watching the reunion. 



One Direction turned 11 this summer and it made us miss them even more and also made us wonder if they are ever coming back. It's been 6 years since their last performance as a group and while we are very proud of what they have all accomplished in these years with their solo careers, we do wish that one day in the future they will reunite. Maybe 2022? 


Las Vegas-The First night of Tour
via AmyMariePhotography


Nashville II

D.C.
via NikkiMarie.JPG 

via NikkiMarie.JPG  
MSG II
MSG III
via NikkiMarie.jpg 
MSG I




Anthony Pham
Harryween II

Anthony Pham
Harryween I



via AmyMariePhotography 
Little Rock

Anthony Pham
LA I
via NikkiMarie.jpg
LA II
via NikkiMarie.jpg
LA III

San Jose

via NikkiMarie.jpg 
MSG III

MSG III

MSG III

MSG III

Madison Square Garden

Anthony Pham 
MSG III

Pittsburgh 

Anthony Pham
Atlanta I

Anthony Pham 
Tacoma 
Anthony Pham 
St. Louis

Anthony Pham 
Long Island 

When we got word that Love On Tour was actually happening, I can't even describe to you how happy I was. It felt like to me when HSLOT was given the green light, that everything was finally going to be OK. Of course the ever looming fear of Covid coming in and potentially ruining it was always on my mind. My show was in October towards the middle of tour and so I was hoping so dearly that my show would happen. Luckily, everyone's show went off without a hitch, with the exception of Houston. Due to a Tropical Storm, Houston's show was postponed and was rescheduled for the third last show of the tour. The anticipation. Wondering what Harry will wear. The excitement of waiting for Harry to appear on stage. Hearing, "Style is the answer to everything...." As soon as the beginning notes of Golden start to play and the crowd bursting into dance whilst singing along, its a feeling I will possibly never forget. I went to his third night at Madison Square Garden and the crowd was electric. I remember getting ready for the show in my hotel room, I was feeling all sorts of emotions. I still couldn't believe that I was in New York. It had been my dream for 11 years to see Harry Styles and the fact that it was going to be at "The World's Most Famous Arena" was insane. I had the time of my life singing and dancing to every word. That whole night felt like a fever dream. The only things I remember is what I filmed.There were many iconic quotes that were said on tour that will forever be a part of our fandom. For example: " Trash! Trash! Trash!", My friend, My Bestie, if you insist!, freedom!, the infamous, "ooh spicy, you're gonna have to kill me to get me off here!" and many more.  After seeing Harry meself, I had fun watching everyone else have so much fun in the shows that followed. Harry is just as much of a sweetheart in person as he is on screen. There's a reason why Emma Chamberlin said in a video once, " I've never met one person who's like Fuck Harry Styles." That's because Harry is amazing person with the best heart. The amount of love he has for his fans is unmeasured. During a number of shows on tour , Harry helped a number of people come out because Harry makes us as a fandom feel completely safe when we're around him so, to that people feel safe in a space like that to come out. At the first night in Nashville he also helped a couple do a gender reveal of the upcoming arrival of their baby.  He said this every night of tour, " Please feel free to be whoever it is you've always wanted to be in this room tonight." As James Corden has said, " He has this thing about him." He's right.  There's this magnetic quality about him that makes people just gravitate towards him. When he left the stage for the last time on tour on Long Island I think we all shed a tear or two. I know I did because we aren't sure when we will see him again. It's not just because of the pandemic, but he has Don't Worry Darling and My Policeman coming out next year. However we do have HS3 and a new era to look forward to so that could mean a 2023 tour. I'm so fucking proud of what he has accomplished this year with tour, his movies( which I'm so excited for), the success of Fine Line. and so much more. I'm excited for what's to come for him in 2022 and I will be here to support him through it all. 










My week in New York was one of the best weeks of my life! As you know I went to NYC back in August 2019, and I had so much fun and planned to go back in October 2020 but COVID and lock down had me post pone it until this year. I remember when I was on the plane," Lost in Japan" by Shawn Mendes was playing off a playlist I made for the flight. I still couldn't believe that I was actually heading back to the city. I had a few setbacks that nearly made this trip impossible but with a lot of prayers and a great friend, I was able to go. When I landed at JFK in the early morning of October 15th, I was delirious from lack of sleep because I was so excited and it didn't hit me that I was in NYC until I was in my Lyft and I saw the skyline whilst Taylor Swift's "Welcome to New York" was playing on my iPhone. Many amazing things happened that week. I saw Harry of course, tried my first cronut from the infamous Dominique Ansel Bakery, went back to the FRIENDS apartment , and tried the Banana Pudding from Magnolia Bakery and loved it. However the second coolest thing happen that week was when I was in Soho just after getting the cronut, I was walking around the West Village and I was crossing a street and saw the beautiful, gorgeous, Sebastian Stan. I know what you're thinking. How do you know it was him if you only saw the back of his head? Well for one the hair, two I know that voice anywhere. I noticed that he was on a call so I didn't want to bother him but I did take a cheeky 10 second video that I haven't posted anywhere because I didn't think it was right. I was also hoping to run into Timothee Chalamet ( who's currently my celeb crush) but the day I got into town I saw on his Insta story that he was in London for the Premiere of his movie Dune and also for the filming of Wonka. I've been rambling but I had so much in New York in October and I will say that it was a lot harder to leave this time than the last time. I love everything about the city. I love the people and the food. I love how you can just walk out the door and see something new everyday. There are endless amount of things you can do in the city. This may sound cheesy but I left a big piece of my heart in New York and I fell so much more in love with the city. In November, after a lot of praying, making a pro/con list and thinking, I decided that I am moving to New York in November 2022. I just feel like it's where I belong. Now don't get me wrong, I love Utah and I'm grateful for the people I have met, the friends I have made and the opportunities I've had over the last 10 years but, I feel like I have outgrown Utah and it's time to be scared again(in a good way) and I need to be challenged again. I know that this is the right thing to do. Now I know what you're thinking. It's so expensive to move to the city. How can you afford it? How are you going to live by yourself? Where are you going to live? Trust me these are all things I have told/asked myself already. But, if I'm honest, since making this decision, I haven't had  ANY negative feelings about it. Which says a lot. I know that it will be expensive but that's where saving and making a budget comes into play before I leave. I will miss everyone here so damn much. All of the friends I have made whilst being here have made me who I am today. Even the people who I don't talk to anymore or friends who I don't see as much as I use to, I am grateful for them being in my life, even for a short time because they have taught me a lot about myself. I am so excited for a new adventure and the next chapter of my life to start. I will of course take you all on that journey with me and keep you updated. 






A myriad of things happened this fall. After 13 years under the conservatorship of her father, Britney Spears was finally free to make her own 
decisions regarding her music and basically just anything having to do with her life. Before she was free from her father the slogan "FREE BRITNEY" was circulating around social media. I'm really happy for Britney that she can do her own thing and that she doesn't need to answer to anyone. September 11th, marked the 20th Anniversary since the Twin Towers were attacked in Manhattan. It's crazy to think that it's been 20 years already. I wasn't able to go visit the memorial when I was there in October, but I still remember the feeling I had when I was there in 2019. My heart goes out to each of the families that lost someone and that were affected that day. I am still so proud of being from New York and I will always love where I come from. So, Texas has decided to become the most hated state in the country because on September 1st, a judge in Texas put a ban on abortions after 6 weeks. This sparked an outrage( rightfully so), in women everywhere and people who are pro choice, like myself.  Regardless on your views on abortions, NO ONE should have a say on what you should do with your own body! NO ONE! Period. When I first heard about this, I was immediately angry. I mean, who wouldn't be angry about it? I'm not gonna sit here and say my views on abortion other than this: if a woman wants to get an abortion for whatever reason, trust me she is not making that decision lightly. So as Rachel Green said on an episode of  F.R.I.E.N.D.S., "NO UTERUS, NO OPINION!" 













November was a crazy month. Vaccines finally became available to kids aged 5-11, which is incredible, and the end of Love on Tour. Harry also dropped his line Pleasing and the Dazed Magazine photo shoot went live. Pleasing dropped right after the end of HSLOT and everyone loved it so much that when it was for presale, it sold out in one day. I am so proud of how far Harry has come from being scared to wear nail polish in an interview in 2010, to bringing out his own range. I can't wait to try it myself because I live painting my nails.  It was about mid November when Harry's photo shoot with Dazed Magazine dropped and our fandom literally exploded. Everyone had their own opinions on the shoot good/bad. I personally, loved it and thought he looked absolutely incredible. I wasn't in love with every outfit, but overall I think it was amazing.  He has something about him that makes him pull off just about anything he wears. Not only did Harry look amazing, but the photographer, Rafael Pavarotti gave great direction which gave us incredible pictures. In the magazine article Harry talked on when he was 16 and the early days of 1D, he talked about how he has finally gotten to a place where he said " We don't like your music anymore, go away; doesn't scare me anymore." He also said, " I'm not working from a place of fear. ....he wants.a place of wanting to work stuff out, to try different things." He also talked about his upcoming movies Don't Worry Darling directed by Olivia Wilde and My Policeman which are both set to release in 2022. Speaking of which we FINALLY got a release date, which will 23 September 2022. We also got a teaser trailer and let me tell you, if we lost our minds over a 12 second clip where we got a millisecond of a steamy scene between Florence Pugh & Harry, we're not gonna make it through the whole movie. But I'm excited to watch it as well as My Policeman which we haven't gotten a release date nor a teaser trailer. However, if I'm correct, it will be released straight to Amazon Prime, which means we can scream and fall apart from the comfort of our own homes. 

As we bring this year to a close, I think back on everything that happened this year. The good, back and the fucking insane. Even though we are still going through a pandemic and on the brink of another possible surge of COVID and now with threat of Omicron, this was still a great year. I went through a lot mentally and nearly lost myself again but with great friends and a lot of happy music I was able to bring myself back to a good place. If I've learned anything this year, much like last year is that friendship and your mental health are EXTREMELY important. Losing a good paying job and having to move put a lot of stress on me but I eventually found a job and I found a good apartment with an amazing roommate who is now one of my best friends. Earlier in this post, I said that Utah has given me many opportunities. Around the time of the Dazed photo shoot, I was offered a job posting content about Harry Styles/One Direction by the same record store where I did my photo shoot in January. I had to read the message a few times over in order to believe what they were telling me. I of course cried and was freaking out. I literally get paid to write and post about what I love. Even a month and half later, I still can't believe I get paid to post about Harry. I love what I do and who knows where this can take me. It's definitely given me the push to reach out to some of my favourite photographers just to get my foot in the door somehow. I can't wait to see what's in store for my career in 2022. Who knows? Maybe I'll go on tour with Christian( who shot Niall's last tour) on Niall's next tour for HBW & NH3.  I can now say that an obsession of mine has finally paid off. I also started writing again which if I'm honest, has made me fall in love with it again. I've been writing again on Wattpad. It started towards the end of tour because I was so inspired by tour and the videos I would see on TikTok. Here's to writing more in 2022!

I am very much excited for what 2022 has in store but at the same time I am sceptical because of what has happened the last 2 years. But all I can do is go into the new year with no expectations, but a whole lot of faith. I have a lot of great things planned that I want to do this next year. I'm excited to get back to a good spot financially, start a new chapter of my life and work more on my mental health and fall in love again. 


Also, in January of 2021, I started reading a book on Wattpad called Duplicity and since then it has taken over my life. In a good way. It's literally one of the best books I've read in a VERY long time. Yes it's a fan fiction with Harry and the guys of One Direction, but it's so much more than that. It's an experience and once you start reading, you don't want to stop. You want to keep going and going. I read the first 86 chapters in one month. Harry & Aven have been my world for most of this year and the fact that we have one more chapter before the end of Book 1 is crazy! As I am writing this we are still waiting for Chapter 100. The world that is Duplicity is a crazy one, but one I enjoy and love getting lost in. It's a hell of a ride trust me. I believe I have gone through pretty much every emotion you could think of whilst reading this book. This book definitely takes you places you never thought you could go. It also majorly teaches you about yourself. I know I have learned A LOT about myself because of this book.  Julez, I want to thank you so very much for bringing this world into our lives because I have loved every minute of. Truly. All the laughs, anger and tears I have shed this year made it all worth it because this book is amazing and I can't wait for Chapter 100 and what 7 is all about. Potentially, the second book? 

 
Here's a short run down of everything that happened in the Entertainment world in 2021:

Celebrity Deaths:
-Ed Asner
-Jessica Walter
-Prince Phillip
-Ned Beatty
-Screech
-Willie Garson
-Larry King
-Cloris Leachman
-Gavin Macleod
-Christopher Plummer
-Peter Scolari
-Stephen Sondheim
-Art Lafleur
-Mick Rock
-James Michael Tyler( Gunther)
-Colin Powell
-Ernie Lively
-Helen McCroy(Harry Potter)
-Joan Didion
-Desmond Tutu
-Grace Mirabella (Vogue)
-Virgil Abloh( Louis Vuitton)
-Tommy Lasorda
-Charlie Watts
-Lina Wertmueller
-Anne Rice
-Betty White (NYE Golden Girls)
 
Celebrity Babies:
-Lindsey Ellingson-Roen
-Christina Ricci-Cleo
-Marques Houston- Zara
-Brighton Robertson-Merris
-Courtney Robertson(BN)-Paloma
-Seth Meyers- Adelaide
-Dani Briones- Lux
-James Van Der Beek- Jeremiah
-Aaron Carter-Prince
-Thomas Rhett- Lillie
-Collen Ballinger- Maisy & Wesley
-Jeremey Rohloff-Radley
Bryan Greenberg-twins
-Usher- Sire
-Kaitlyn Carter-Rowan
-KJ Apa- Sasha
-Rachel Platten- Sophie
-Devon Windsor-Enzo
-Raelynn-Daisy
-Jenniefer Love Hewitt-Aidan James
Danielle Fishel- Keaton Joseph
-Elle King-Lucky Levi
-Jordan Davis-Locklan
-Catelynn+Tyler-Rya
-Leigh-Anne-twins
Perrie Edwards- Axel
Shenae Grimes Beech- Kingsley
Nicole Franzel- Arrow
Shawn Johnson- Jett
Halsey- Ender
Jessa Sewald- Fern
-Gal Gadot-Daniella
-Jason Wahler- Wyatt
Arie and Lauren- Senna & Jacob
Chris Lane- Dutton Walker
Prince Harry & Meghan- Lillibet
Troian Bellasario- Elliot 
 Brenda Song-Dakota
-Sadie Robertson- Honey James
-Hilary Duff-Mae
-Bindi Irwin- Grace Warrior
-Ashley Tisdale- Jupiter
-Karlie Kloss-TBA
-Katherine Mcphee- Rennie
-Mandy Moore- August
-Meghan Trainor- Riley
-Alfie & Zoe- Ottilie
Jim & Sarah- Margot Grace

Movies/TV:
-Spider-Man No Way Home
-West Side Story
-Dune
-Don't Look Up
-House of Gucci
-The French Dispatch
-Venom: Let There Be Carnage
-Gossip Girl Reboot
-Eternals
-Ghostbusters: Afterlife
-Shang Chi
-Wrath of Man
-Tick Tick Boom
-Sing 2
-Ron Gone Wrong
-Last Night in Soho
-Black Widow
-To All The Boys: Always & Forever
-Cruella
-After We Fell
-In the Heights
-Dear Evan Hansen
-Luca
-Cherry
-The Devil All The Time
-Space Jam
-Tom& Jerry
-Encanto
-Loki
-Hawkeye
 Music:
-Sour-Olivia Rodrigo
-Happier Than Ever- Billie Ellish
-Red (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
-30-Adele
-An Evening w/Silk Sonic- Silk Sonic
-Fearless Taylor's Version
Revelacion-Selena Gomez
= - Ed Sheeran
-The Phantom Tomorrow- Black Veil Brides
-Nobody is Listening - Zayn
When Facing the Things We Turn Away From- Luke Hemmings

Andy Deluca 


5 Seconds of Summer also turned 10 years old in December and in celebration of 10 years of 5SOS, they did a live stream where they performed their favourite songs from their albums and did skits and talked about things we never that with happened in the early days of the band or what happened on past tour we never knew about. They even dropped a song titled "2011" which is awesome you should stream it on Spotify! I'm so proud of them for all they have accomplished in 10 years and I'm excited for what is to come in 2022. Tour Summer 2022 is going to be crazy! Hopefully I will be able to see them in Summer!

This year was packed full of great things and I'm ready for what 2022 has in store. 

Goodbye 2021..........Hello 2022!

LET'S DO THE DAMN THING

P.S.S
I was in the top .05% of Harry Styles Top Fans in my Spotify Wrapped & listened to over 3K minutes of Only Angel. I mean that song is my Boss Bitch song so seems only fitting?







Comments

Popular Posts