2016: Year in Review!











                                                                                                                                                                          2016.
 What a year it has been. So much has happened this year, good and bad. But I feel like if those things didn't happen, I wouldn't be the person I am right now.  I have learned a lot this year and I feel  I've  matured a lot since last year. 

In the beginning of the year, I started a new job at Sprouts Farmers Market. Starting a new job at the start of the year gave me some hope for the year to come, I felt like with this that everything was going to be okay. With having this job, I knew that I was going to be financially okay. Not incredibly comfortable, but secure enough that I wasn't going to go hungry or wonder where I was going to live. For awhile I loved the department I was in. I had a great manager, I made good money and I was making some friends. But towards the beginning of spring, I started to realise that I wasn't happy. I wasn't happy with the way things were going or the way I was being treated. I didn't want to quit because I'm not good at finding new jobs. So I went to my manager and said that while I love working for him and that he's the best manager I've ever had, I needed to transfer to a different department. He understood my need for the move and said that there were no hard feelings between us. Which I thought was so awesome because I have had history with burning bridges with managers so I'm glad that it worked out the way it did. So with that, I transferred to the Front End. Which to this day, I'm glad I did because I'm so much happier with a job than I have been in a long time, Not to say that being up front hasn't had its ups and downs. It has, but I love my job to much leave. I love the people I work with and with my recent pay raise, it has given me incentive to stay and work harder. During my time working at Sprouts, I have  met two people who have made my life a little bit easier. A few times this year I thought about quitting because I thought I couldn't  handle it anymore. But then I thought to myself, " Maybe there is a reason for me being here." More so than just making money. 


My depression and anxiety became more known this year than ever before. I went through so many ups and downs with it that at one point I thought "what's the point of it all?"I went through a period where I just didn't care at all of what I was doing. I didn't care what people thought about me or what they were saying about me. Which was not good. I tapped into the person I was before I came back to Utah.  There was a time where I didn't want to get out of bed because I felt like I had no purpose in life. It felt like to me that people could care less about me even though deep down I knew that they loved me. Regardless, I couldn't see it myself or I couldn't let myself believe it. I came close many times  this year  to succumbing  to the one thing that brought out my depression in the first place. But I can say that I have gone an entire year without cutting myself and I'm very proud of myself for that. Though I can i never say that I will never do it again, it's good to know that I am alot stronger than I give myself credit for. I'm still battling the demons that are inside me. They try and push their way through. And sometimes they win, and sometimes I'm stronger than they are.  Sometimes I wish I could make it go away so that I can be more like everyone else and be happy. But as I've said before, I think this is a trial that God has given me to go through for a reason or I would be here right now. Throughout this time where my depression and anxiety have become more apparent, I think that it has given me a new perspective on things and I think that I have a deeper appreciation for everything and everyone that is in my life. It has also allowed to cut people out of my life that bring me constant pain and hurt. But through all the pain and crap that I have been through this year, there has been one person that has been there for me. My best friend Hannah has been my rock, my PIC and the person that I can talk to about anything and everything. I don't know how she has put up with all the drama I have without killing me, but she has. I've been through alot this year and she has gotten me through it. I don't know how i would have gotten through this year without her. She is the best friend a girl could ask for and I'm so gad to have her as my bestie for life!! So thank you Hannah, for being my Ride or Die this year and lets have a raging 2017!!! #SUS #THELMAANDLOUISE









I also did a lot of fun things this year. 

I didn't go to a lot of parties when I was in High School, so I decided that I would go to a lot this year. And I did just that. Every month or every other month, there would be at least two parties happening in the Provo/Orem area. Me and friends went and had a blast. There were some parties that were better than others, but they were still fun because they brought me out of my shell a little. In May, I went to my very first Fashion Show in Utah. It was so much fun getting all dolled up and go see a show with my best friend. It was cool to see someone's work come to life down the runway. I would love to go to more shows in the future. Perhaps, New York Fashion Week? 




In July, I went to Warped Tour 2016 up in Salt Lake City. It was by far one of the top Tours that I have ever been to. This year I got to go with 3 of my friends and we had a raging time. I saw so many great bands and artists . Even some that I had never heard before but now I listen to more. I have got to say that my two favourite bands that I saw were Young Guns and We the Kings. I completely forgot who Young Guns were until i heard them. I use to listen to them when I was dating Kolby. The cool part about that day was that me and my friend Amy actually got to meet them and get a picture with them. I also ordered their new album on vinyl. We The Kings were absolutely amazing. They sang a few new songs and bit of their classics. But in my opinion, my favourite song that they performed was Sad Song for which they filmed for a music video. Speaking of that music video, I was in it for a split second!!! I also went to see The 1975 a The Complex in October. I have been waiting for 3 years to see them live.  Every song that they played were amazing. It was like I was in another world. My favourite moments of the show were when they would play a few of their instrumental songs. they were so beautiful I felt like I had to be so quiet. It was a night I will never forget and I'm still in awe that I was there in that room.


This year was filled with quite a bit of good memories but there was also a lot of shit that has happened as well. Such as: all the shootings that happened, The Paris bombings, Orlando Club shooting, Brexit in the UK, Great Britain leaving Europe.  I will touch on this ever so lightly..... Trump got elected President of the U.S.There were a lot of well known celebrities that died this year too.  Many included, David Bowie, Alan Rickman , Florence Henderson, Alan Thicke, Prince, Carrie Fisher, Debbie Reynolds, Gene Wilder, Zsa Zsa Gabor, and many others. It was a very sad 2016, but I know that we all can take something from this year.

Each year I try and make a few resolutions or goals for the upcoming year. Sometimes I succeed , sometimes I fail. But I at least try my very best to achieve those goals. I remember last year, I set a goal for myself to keep my job for at least a full year. And on January 11th, it will be a year at Sprouts! This year I have quite a few goals/resolutions.



                    They are in no particular order:
-Travel
-Start my Photography portfolio
-Blog more in 2017
-eat healthy
-Go to the gym more
-Work on the relationship with my mom
-Begin my YouTube channel
-Read more different books
-Keep working on my Depression/Anxiety
-Work on me more

I have a good feeling about this year. I get the feeling like it's going to be a great one!!! I love you you all so much and thank you for all the support you've shown!! 


Goodbye 2016........Hello 2017!!


Cheers,
Tasha Siera xoxo


P.S. On November 4th 2016, Jean-Luc Bilodeau followed me on SNAPCHAT!!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!





                        

















        

Comments

Popular Posts