25 Things I've Learned in 25 years!!


I know that this is a month late but, I saw model Karlie Kloss do this for her 25th Birthday and so I thought I would try this!!

In my 25 years on this planet, I have learned many things. Things that made my life better, and things I had to learn the hard way.I thought that I would share them with you so that you can learn some lessons too!!

1. It's exhausting trying to be someone you're not.
    For many years growing up, I tried so very hard to fit in and get the attention of what I believed to be the " In crowd" or the "Elite & Popular". I thought that if I dressed like them or act like them, that they would accept me. As I continued to change myself for others, I realised that I didn't need to do that. That being myself was enough and if people didn't like me for me, then I don't need those kinds of people in my life anyway.

2. Live in the Moment because you will never get it back.
I learned this one a lot in the last year or so. With losing two great friends of mine within a year of each other, it was really hard. I didn't know if I could handle the pain that I would feel. But slowly I started realising that each moment with someone is important because you won't get it back and you never know what could happen. So I started living each day and moment with a purpose. I started living the best life I could possibly live and take risks.

3. Don't take life TOO seriously.
Self explanatory

4. Be a Boss!

Do things on your terms. If you want to start a business, do it. If you want to travel, do it!! 

5. Music can cure pretty much anything.

I'm not kidding on this one. Besides the Savior, music has always been the one thing that has gotten me through life. When I went through hell years ago, music really became my lifeline. it said everything I was afraid to say. To this day, it still does. In fact  you can learn more about me through my music taste than anything. When I'm in love you can tell by the music I listen to an that goes for every mood I'm in. Happy, upbeat music can make a situation so much better.

6. Chocolate Makes Everything Better

Need I say more?

7. Family doesn't have to be people your're related to.

My friends mean the absolute world to me. They are always there for me whenever I need them. Over the last year, they have become my family and i wouldn't have it any other way. I love them so much and I can't even begin to thank for all that they have done for me. Having your family on the other side of the country, it's really good to have people who can be there for you.

8.Trust in Your Gut. It's usually always right.

Enough said right?

9. Don't Sweat the things you can't control.


There are some things in life that you can't control. Like impending death, the actions of another person an the way you feel about someone. 


10.Smile More

Let things go more easily. I have found that in the last 8 or so months that I'm more happy and that things don't bother me as much like they use to. I think that has to do with the fact that I smile more and I don't get mad for long. When you smile others will smile as well an therefor, everyone will become happier.

11. Drink More Water.

 Seriously. It will make your skin glow an your complexion amazing. We're suppose to drink about 8 glasses a day and I will say that I need to get better at that. 

12. Hugs are the BEST!!

They are though. A hug can make you feel ten times better. People say that they have a powerful way of healing loneliness, depression and increase happiness.  

13. Take Risks. Who knows what will happen.

You know what they say;" Life is about taking risks." Which is true. I took a few risks in the last few years. Coming back to Utah, coming backing to church for real this time, and letting someone in and falling in love. I think if you don't take a chance, you might miss out on the happiness that will follow. 

14. Capture the Memories

I love this one! Whilst you do need to live in the moment, you also need to take more pictures. I find that having a picture can make me remember something a lot more. Photography is my passion. It's my escape from the world I'm in and let's me create a new one through a lens. A memory will fade over  time , but a picture will last forever.

15. Treat Yo'self

I feel like people don't do this enough. If you want that pair of jeans, buy them! If you want that purse, then buy it! Once in a while you have to do something nice for yourself. Whether that's a spa day, buying something you really want. Just do it!!

16.Believe in Yourself & You're potential

Nobody knows you better than you. You have so much to offer the world. Don't believe people when they tell you can't do something, because you CAN do it. You can do anything you set your mind to.

17. Laughter is the BEST Medicine

Trust me.

18. Get Out of Your Comfort Zone

Do things that scare the CRAP out of you Try that weird food,  go skydiving, Travel. Do something fearless!!

19. It's OK to NOT be OKAY all the time.
I have been a big supporter in this. With dealing with mental health myself, at first I thought there was something wrong with me. That I wasn't allowed to feel this way. People would think that I was depressed for stupid reasons or that I was being a drama queen, craving attention. When really I was calling out for help . You are NOT alone. However you're feeling, it's completely OK!

20. Brunettes have just as much fun as blondes

If not more. Why should blondes have a the fun?

21. The BEST thing you can do is just be you

Like I said earlier, you don't need to change yourself or try to fit in with a certain group of people. If your friends really love & care for you, they will NEVER ask you to change. It's the same when it comes to guys. If a guy really loves you and wants to be with you, he'll love you for who you are. Not for who you are pretending to be.

22. "Do More of What Makes You Happy"

It's like Alfie Deyes PointlessBlog  says, if you want to be truly happy, do what you love. Whatever that may be. Photography, music, art, etc... Don't listen to the people who say that you can't do something. Know that you CAN!!

23. Cupcakes are the best dessert EVER!

They are amazing and it shocks me when people say that they don't like them. They are just mini little cakes! Who wouldn't like them!?

24. Take Care of Yourself ( mind, body & spirit)

It's always important to take care of YOU! Whether that's getting hair and nails done. Going shopping for a new outfit,  eating more healthy, or going to the beach for a relaxing day. It's important to take some ME time. It's healthy.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST....


25. It' ALL work out. TRUST ME.

 Gordon B. Hinckley said it best. If we put our trust in our Heavenly Father, he will lead us to who and what we are meant to be. Heavenly Father didn't put us on this earth for nothing. We have a purpose here, and with our faith in the Gospel and HIM, we will have eternal happiness!



I know that this was a long one but I thought I would share some things I've learned in my first 25 years on this planet!! I hope you enjoyed reading this post and be on the lookout for my annual blog post, WARPED TOUR 2018: THE FINAL CURTAIN CALL!!!


Cheers xx

Tasha Siera 






Comments

Popular Posts