Warped Tour 2018: The Final Curtain Call



I'm back guys!! As I was preparing for this post I got a little teary-eyed because it hadn't really hit me that this was my last Warped Tour ever! When Kevin Lyman announced last year that this will be the last tour I was so bummed because I would look forward to this all year. Come March I knew it was about time to get into Warped Tour mode. It's been 10 years of me going to Warped Tour. 10 years of laughter and 10 years of memories I will never forget for the rest of my life. I had so much fun and I can't wait to show you my day at The Vans Warped Tour!




I still can't believe that this was my last Warped Tour. As I was getting ready that morning, it didn't really dawn on me that next summer there won't be another one. Throughout the day as the hours ticked by and we got closer and closer to the end, I started to remember all the shows I went to, the bands I saw, the people I met and memories I made that I will cherish forever. 






I absolutely love We The Kings! This was my 4th time seeing them and as per usual, they were amazing. When I got in the gates I heard someone say that they were performing I ran from the front the gates to the pit in less than 5 mins. I honestly don't how I made it without biffing it, but I did and I made it to the 3rd row. I had such a great view. They played Secret Valentine, Say You Like Me, Check Yes Juliet, Sad Song & Just Keep Breathing. It was incredible to see them from that close again. They also once again filmed a music video of the set and I was in it once again. I'm so excited to see it when it comes out. 












 I haven't seen Simple Plan since 2005 so when I heard that they were going to be on this years line up I screamed with excitement I was so so happy. I knew I had to see them. My 2005 heart was super excited to not only see them, but to possibly meet them. They too had a really good set as well. They played, I'd Do Anything which made me so happy because that is one of my favourite songs of theirs. They also played Addicted, Welcome to My Life, Boom ( their new single), I'm Just a Kid and Shut up. At one point, Pierre wanted to start the biggest crowd surfing we could. So with that, everyone started to crowd surf. It was already jam-packed down there because everyone was pushing. But when that started, it got even worse. It was so crazy that I started to panic and hyperventilate. So I said that I wanted out so people lifted me up and security got me out. After I got out I started to cry and I felt like a loser because I let my anxiety get the best of me again. a really sweet guy came over to me and asked if I was okay and if I needed water. I told him that I was okay and that I had water but it was really nice of him to ask and offer. It felt good to know that people care enough about others. With that said, I still had a lot of fun and it was good to see them live. A little later, I actually got to meet them and get a picture with Pierre and Chuck. They are so nice and super cool.




State Champs

The Amity Affliction





With Confidence
Add caption







I got to See Don Bronco again since the concert in March at The Complex. They had a really good set. They are from England and they have a song called T-shirt that you should check out!












After years of being a fan I FINALLY got to see Palaye Royale!! They are originally from Canada but later relocated to Las Vegas. They are a Art-Rock band and they are simply amazing. They sound amazing on record and even better live which is rare for a band. When I heard that they were going to be on the line up for this summer, I was so damn excited because 2 years ago they came to Warped Tour but I missed them because they collided with another band I wanted to see. But this year I didn't have that problem so I saw them and I was in awe of their performance. It was heavenly. They put on a show on a whole nother level. At one point Remington looked at me and I internally screamed. During the set he even hung from the rafters. CRAZY RIGHT?! Sebastian and Emerson were also amazing on guitar and drums. Emerson's artwork is a gift from God. It's incredible. when I met them after their set I told him that I would kill to have skills like that and he smiled and said thank you so much. They performed Mr. Doctor Man, Masochist ( new single), Get Higher, Teenagers ( MCR cover), and Don't Feel Quite Right. I felt like I wasn't really there during the set because I couldn't believe that I was seeing them. They surpassed my expectations on what was going to happen. I want to to see them again soon. I really do. I would almost anything to see them again. After their set I actually got to meet them after. I waited for seemed like forever and when it was finally my turn I took a deep breath and walked up to them and Remington gave me a big hug and that made me feel better. I got a hug from all of them and they are super sweet and very talented. I told them I would have waited forever to meet them. That's how much they mean to me. I got them to sign the schedule I had and I got a picture with them as well. They told me that they love me and I told them I hope to see them soon. After I walked away I was in shock that i met them but I kept composure. I feel like after I met Andy last year, that I'm getting better at meeting celebrities and artists. Remington's  voice is so gorgeous with a little bit of a raspiness to it which I love.


Sebastian, Emerson, Remington & I



The Used 













Black Veil Brides were amazing as usual and I loved their set. Black Veil ending the day was the greatest and best way to end Warped Tour.  I love them so much and it felt right for them to end it. I think it hit me when they came on that Warped Tour was almost over and done with. The crowd was huge.  The entire place was filled. That's what I call dedication right there. They performed Legacy, Heart of Fire, Rebel Love Song, Faithless One, Fallen Angles, Wake Up, The Outsider, Knives and Pens & In the End.  When In the End started I almost cried because I knew that they were going to end with that song and it signified the end of Warped Tour. It was so bittersweet and it meant so much more to me than before. I will forever cherish the memories I made there . I left it all there. I didn't want it to end. I wanted them to play one more song. But It has to end at some point doesn't it?


My Warped Outfit

Emerson's Artwork


Free Stuff

Pierre's sig & With Confidence sigs

I loved this day. I didn't want it to end. When i was walking out of the venue, I got a tear in my eye because I knew then that it was over. But all those memories, all the laughs, all the people I met and things I did, I will remember forever and take with me wherever I go. Ever summer I felt like I was going home. Home to a place where I could be myself. To not be judged or ridiculed for what bands I like and what I didn't like. We all were like a family regardless if we didn't know each other. We took care of each other when we needed it.  That's what I loved about Warped Tour. It was a safe place to go, to fit in. I will miss this Tour for the rest of my life. It was like my Christmas every summer. But the memories will live on in my heart and in pictures. Warped Tour 2018 was a summer that I will never forget. I will be FOREVER WARPED!


Once again, thanks for reading and I hoped you enjoyed it. I know I did. It was simply the best day of the summer!!

Love you guys and go check out Palaye Royale, Don Bronco, BVB and many more. You won't regret it. 

Stay  tuned for more summer memories!!

Cheers, 
Tasha xx





Comments

Popular Posts