Year in Review: 2018!



Well here we are. Another year come and gone. It's that time of year again where I give you a rundown of what has happened during the year. A lot did happen, so grab a snack, make yourself a Hot Chocolate because this one is going to be a long one. 




2018.

Wow. What a year this has been. So much has happened. Good and bad. It hasn't been the greatest year mentally. But I have grown so much  spiritually in this last year that I'm grateful for those trials. Going through the hard times has made me stronger and the person I am today. 


 


January was a hard month to get through yet again. As I have said in past posts I lost my good friend Justin on January 13th of 2017. As his anniversary drew closer, It hit me even harder that he is really truly gone. It was a hard year. But the difference this time was that I had friends beside me to help me through it. So on the anniversary of his death, I went up to Murray with my friend Allison to visit his grave. I had been up there twice before. Once in May of 2017 and then of course the day of his funeral. I didn't know how I would feel. But when I sat down , I knew that he was there with me. I could feel him sitting beside me. I talked to him as I always had. I know that he will always be here with me and that he knows that I love him and he loves me. As we approach the 2nd anniversary, I'm in a much better place then I was even a year ago because I have finally accepted this. I also have a ward family who are amazing that help me. i love them I couldn't thank them enough. I'm better Justin, I am. I love you My Saturday Night kind of pink. 





On January 2nd, we lost our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson. When I found out, I was sad but I knew that he was in a better place and with Heavenly Father. But I also was shocked because for the last 8 years since I was baptised, he has been the only Prophet I knew. I knew that Heavenly Father had a plan for him and a plan for all of us and that we would would be blessed with another Prophet.






On January 15th, two days after the Year Anniversary of Justin's death, we lost our beautiful angel friend Heather Peterson. She was a amazing person that lit up any room she walked into. She was the type of person that you could go to for anything. She gave great advice, she was funny, full of the spirit. I always felt like I could talk to her about anything and she wouldn't judge me. She had such a kind heart, and a warm presence and touched a lot of people all over the world. The day we lost her was a hard one. It started out as any other day. I got up, went and saw the new Star Wars movie with a friend and went to FHE. Around 8:20/8:30pm, our Bishop and his wife gathered  us into the gym and informed us that Heather had been in an accident and she had not made it. I was floored, shocked and any other emotion you could think of. It took about 30 seconds for it to register and then everyone was crying. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I didn't think it was real. I couldn't think of anything to say, so the only thing that I said was " Dammit!" We all went into the Relief Society room and it was quiet for a moment and then we sang " I am A Child of God" and said a prayer. The rest of the night was filled with tears, hugs and silence. We called everyone we could think of that wasn't there with us. We continued to comfort each other that night and I am so thankful for the people that comforted me and made me feel a bit better. When I initially found out , I had a flashback to when I heard about Justin. But I knew this time around would be different because I had a Ward Family to mourn with. That night I have never seen so much love for one another in my life. I remember everything about that night and I will forever. I will always remember the hugs I got and that I gave. So I want to thank everyone that night. When I went to her funeral that next week, there was so many people there which made me smile because that meant that she touched the lives of so many people. As we come to the year anniversary of her death, I have realised that family, related or not is so important and that time is so precious. I now say I love you each time I leave and we make sure that we all get home safe. Our ward has become so much closer since then and I love that. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I still miss her everyday and I sometimes wonder what life would be like if she were still here. What I do know is that she is with Heavenly Father and Justin doing the Lord's work. So I am at peace. We all love and miss you Heather and I hope that you are watching over us. Kisses sweet girl!!


















I went to The Black Veil Brides, Asking Alexandria & Crown The Empire show in January which was probably one of my favorite shows of the year. It was my first time seeing BVB live and they did not disappoint. They played all the songs I wanted them to play. Two of my favorite songs they played were Heart of Fire and In The End. If you remember my blog post I made of The 1975 show I saw in October of 2016 , I mentioned how I felt like I wasn't really there and that I was in awe of them. Well I felt the same with Black Veil Brides. It's been almost a year since that show I still can't believe that I saw them finally. I still can't believe I met Andy at Warped Tour 2017 and that was over a year ago! I would give anything to see them for a third time. That night was one for the books and easily one of the best nights ever!!






In February, I didn't do a lot but I did take a trip to Las Vegas to see The Chainsmokers and The Wynn.  I went with Hannah and Jaden and we had so much fun. I have never been to a nightclub before so that was a new experience. Not only did we go to the Club, we also went to the Hard Rock Cafe', M&M World and I saw Hell's Kitchen!!! It was one Hell of a trip and I would love to go to Las Vegas again. Also that month, I went to a Pink Party to celebrate Valentine's Day up in Alpine which was so much fun. I got to meet a lot of great people and I got to see my friend Maquel Cooper who I haven't seen since college. 















March was one of my favorite months ever!! I had a photo shoot with my friend Ali for my 25th Birthday which was so much fun! I love feeling like a model for a day. Speaking of my Birthday, that was a good night. I had a party where some of my friends came and hung out with me. I had such a great Birthday and I can't believe as I am writing this, in 3 months I will be turning 26 years old!! crazy right?! On the 13th I went up to Salt Lake City to see Our Last Night at the Complex. I even got to meet them and get a picture with Matt and Trey. I also got Woody's ( Guitarist) pick. I made a sign saying that my 25th Birthday was that Sunday and so at the end of the set I went to the barricades and he came down to front to get people set lists and such. Then he asked me how old I was turning and I said 25 and he gave me a high five and I saw in my hand his guitar pick. I was ecstatic! Sometimes it pays to have your Birthday the week of the show!!   there were many parties in March as well! I went to a thrift shop party that my friends threw. Also in March I finally moved out of the house I was living in for 2 years. i was more emotional about it than I thought I was gonna be. I loved living there and I have so many memories with that place that I will never forget. Being in my new place for the last 9 months or so, I sometimes miss living there but I know that I supposed to be here for a reason. I also did a pamper night with John's sisters which was fun and painful with the face masks we did. 





April was filled with a lot of great memories. My friend Neesha's Birthday was on the 11th. Then later that month a big group of us took a few days off and went down to St. George in Southern Utah to relax and have some fun! We ate food, went down to the beach and I watched my first ever Jazz game. It was great to get away and it was also my first time to St. George and I have to say that I wouldn't mind living there. It's a bit hot during the summer but other than that I love it there. One of my favourite movies came out that month. I have been waiting for Avengers: Infinity War for years and when it finally came out on the 27th, I was psyched and also nervous because I knew that someone important was gonna die. But what I wasn't prepared for was half of the Marvel community dying. It was an intense movie and I don't know how I got through it. if you haven't seen it , I suggest you do before Endgame comes out In May of 2019. I have been a Spider-man for as long as I can remember and so when he vanished I literally cried and couldn't handle it. I still can't even now and it's almost been a year since it came out. Haha. I'm thoroughly excited for Endgame. All I have to say is that we better win this fight or I'll be upset. I saw the trailer and I was worried because of what IronMan said. Thanos we are out for blood.  




























I've said this in my Warped Tour post but I still can't believe that this was my final Warped Tour. All the memories, all the bands and artists I've met over the years has led to that moment. When I got to Salt Lake that morning, I didn't want to think about the inevitable. I had the best time saw some great bands and found some new ones. I once again saw Black Veil Brides and they were amazing. I also saw  Palaye Royale for the first time and was so happy because I have been wanting to see them for 2 years. I wanted to see them when they were at Warped Tour '16 , but another band conflicted with them. They were amazing and sounded so good live as well on record.  Remington's voice is absolutely gorgeous and perfect. The raspiness and grit to it makes me shiver. After their set I actually got to meet them and before I did, I was standing in line nervous. Hoping that I wouldn't say anything stupid and that would actually be able to speak at all. It all went very well. When I got up there, Remington gave me a hug and it calmed my nerves. I got hugs from all of them and I got there signatures as well. It was a moment I will never forget. as well that whole day will forever be embedded in my brain for all eternity. When Black Veil Brides sang In The End, it hit me that this was the end and it was all over. Years of laughter fun, sun, bands, memories, pictures and music were over. On the way home that day, I shed a few tears but I know as I have said before, the memories I made will forever be with me and I will be FOREVR WARPED!!!












On July 30th, I saw Niall Horan and Maren Morris in Salt Lake at the USANA. I had so much fun. I have been waiting 8 years to see Niall Horan live and when he came on stage i started screaming and I think i shed a few tears because I couldn't believe that this was actually happening. I had an out of body experience if you will.  I cried when  Niall performed "Flicker". He told us to close our eyes and think of something that reminds us of this song. He also told us to not have our phones out to this song and to not talk so we could really enjoy the song. As my eyes were closed, it was silent and I could really hear the song and the meaning behind it. This is why I love Niall so damn much is because he puts meanings behind his songs which is why so many people can relate. I didn't want the night to end it was that good. 
Went from long to short hair


And from a Redhead to a Brunette


   













In October I went on a Photo Shoot with my friend and local Photographer Jillie Denna. I haven't gotten my pictures done since Ali did my pictures for my Birthday and so I wanted some updated Fall photos . So I looked at locations where the sun looked right and had a touch of Autumn. So we went to Jaker's Jack-O-Laterns because it looked really festive. I love the way that she photographs people. She gives good direction but she also lets you do your own thing. I also got some yummy donut holes shown above. 


Cornbelly's with Sam , Syd, Maddie and Alex #1










Halloween 2018 was so much fun. I got to dress up for work and I had a couple parties to go to. I was a Black Cat for my friend Emily's Party and for work and actual Halloween I was a Riverdale Vixen/Cheerleader from the CW show Riverdale. Pictured above are some of my friends. My friend Cade was Eleven from Stranger Things, Gabbie was a Basic White Girl. We also carved pumpkins for a Family Home Evening and I carved something from Harry Potter, Rachel carved Batman, Jonny carved Darth Vader. 

On November 12th 2018, The Man , The Myth, The Legend, Stan Lee Creator of Marvel, passed away at the age of 95. When I first found out, I cried. A lot. As did probably billions of people around the world. He was loved by so many people in the Comic World. He created some of the greatest Superheroes that ever walked the planet. He created Spider-man, IronMan, Captain America, The Hulk, Thor just to name a few of my favorites in the MCU. Spider-man has been my absolute favourite since I was 4 years old. It makes me sad to know that after Avengers: Endgame, that he won't be making anymore cameos. With that, we are also almost at the end of some of the Best Marvel movies. IronMan is almost done, Thor is ending and a few others. This is my whole world. My safe haven from all the crap going on my life. I know I'll miss it when it all ends. All good things must come to an end right?! Well...maybe.


















This Holiday Season was probably by one of my favourites because I got to enjoy it with all the people I love so dearly and that I know will continue to be there. As you can see I had so much fun. With Christmas Parties, going to see the Temple Lights in Salt Lake to decorating my tree and Christmas Eve/Day. I probably will never forget this Christmas Season. I can't wait until the New Years eve Party tonight!!!


Here's some random photos from throughout the year!!

Me in Vegas February 2018

May 2018

General Conference April 2018
Vegas 2018

4th of July 2018
Addie's Dirty 30

Soldier Hollow-Midway 2018

Vegas2018

Me and Miss Emilee Mae Witt

BVB 2018
January 2018

Kayla, Rachel & me


Maddie, Ali, Karen, Rachel & me
Mikey J 

Brother Concert August 2018

Jonathan, Mary & me
Relief Society Retreat 2018

Ali, Dani & Me May 2018
Mary and I 2018
August 2018
Jonathan & Neesha
Neesha & I
Mikayla and Hayles
Jenny & Jared's Wedding September 2018

As I said last year, my friends are the best friends anyone could ever have. they have been there me through thick and thin. Through death and heartbreak, and also through the really good times. We have had so much fun this year with trips, laughs, game nights, parties and so much more. I know that they will always be here for me and I'll always be there for them. I can't wait for what is to come in 2019. I just want to say thank you guys for everything and I'm amped for what to come next year!! Love you guys from the bottom of my heart!! Kisses and Hugs!!


So much happened in the world this year. Good and bad. There was the fires in Paradise and the one in Malibu that took the homes of many celebrities. There was tornadoes, earthquakes, and Hurricanes that ravished the earth. There were also a lot of deaths this year of some well known celebrities. Actor Burt Reynolds, Rapper Mac Miller, Singer Aretha Franklin, Designer Kate Spade, Actor Verne Troyer ( Mini Me), Scientist  Stephen Hawking, DJ Avicii, Actors Mark Salling ( Glee) and John Mahoney( Frasier) and of course Marvel creator and Excelsior Stan Lee.  There have been shootings: StoneMan Douglas ( Florida-Feb 2018), Thousand Oaks November 2018, Pittsburgh Synagogue (November 2018) and probably countless others. 


Good things have also happened this year such as: Meghan Markle married into the Royal Family and has a baby on the way, movies like A Star is Born, Mamma Mia 2, To All The Boys I've Loved Before ( which made me believe in love again). Tv shows like The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina premiered on Netflix and Riverdale was renewed for a 3rd season and Roseanne is back on the air in form of The Conners. A few of my friends got married this year as well. My friends, Alex and Nate, Jenny and Jared, Josh, Bailey, Kaitlyn, Bell, Jillie  and Millie. My best friend and twin Dakota, her and her husband welcomed their first child Sterling into the world.


Lots of good music came out this year as well. Firstly, Black Veil Brides dropped their new album Vale and it did awesome in the charts, Shawn Mendes brought out a new album and I discovered the song "Lost In Japan" which is now one of my favourite songs of 2018. The 1975 dropped their new Album A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships and its the best thing ever. One of my favourite bands on the planet, Palaye Royale dropped their sophomore album, Boom Boom Room Side B.


In regards to Team Internet, Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee created a Management company called Margravine management , Joe Sugg also competed on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing and made it to the final. Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes created their own Company called A to Z and expanded their team, Alfie Deyes started a new Podcast called The Secrets' Out. Zoe brought out a new book called Cordially Invited and appeared on countless Magazine covers. Tanya Burr appeared in her first London play. Mike and Fleur DeForce welcomed their first daughter River into the world, Aspen and Parker moved into their new house and bought a puppy named Luma. 



While this year had its hard times, it had its really good times as well. I also know that things are bound to happen next year. But that doest mean I need to worry about that. I have learned many things this year but one of them is there are things in this world that I can't control, but there are things that I can. I need to have faith in Heavenly Father that he will guide me down the right path. I just have to trust him and everything will be fine. Hey I got through this year with having faith in him so I just need to keep doing the same thing. My depression almost got the best of me many times but I just remember that I will get through it. My hope for next year is to love more and but my trust in HIM. I also want to strengthen the relationships I have with the people I love in my life. I am proud of myself that I continued to go to church and I will hit 2 straight years in June of going to church. I will also hit a year and a half at The Home Depot in February and I am proud of myself for keeping a job that long. Hopefully I will hit 2 years.


Every year I say this but, I really cannot believe that tomorrow is 2019. In 2019, I will be 26. That is CRAZY! I have a good feeling about what 2019 has to offer me. It will be a good year. It will be MY year. 


I only have a few Revolutions for the upcoming year but here they are: 

1. GET MY LICENSE!
2. Buy my first camera
3. Travel more
4. Go to more concerts
5. BE HAPPY!
6. Fall in love 
7. Finish the BOM again and strengthen my relationship with the Lord
8. Go back to college


Well there you have it. Another year in the books. It was a long, hard but great year and I know there is more in store for 2019. So with drinks in hand, lets toast to 2018, and lets welcome 2019!!!



CHEERS!,

Tasha Siera



Goodbye 2018.........Hello 2019!!!


(Please be kind 2019!) 

Comments

Popular Posts