Year In Review:2017!




2017.

Well it's that time of year again. Where I take a look back at this year relive the memories that took place. It was a crazy year! So much has happened. This year was a big growing year for me and I believe I became a lot stronger because of it.  So buckle up and let's take a journey through 2017 shall we?!



The beginning of the year was probably the hardest to get through. My whole world went dark on January 13th when my good friend Justin passed away. He was one of the greatest people that I ever had the chance of knowing. The light that radiated from him was unbelievable.I knew that when i met him  that I wanted to be his friend. He had a smile that was so infectious. A smile so bright that it would make you feel better. Not long after I met him, we became really good friends. We had the same taste in music and we would share music with each other. That connection we had with music, meant more to me than anything else. The way he would just light up when he would talk about music & how passionate he was about it, it made me look a music deeper than I did before. I will always remember the memories that we shared. I will always remember the last day I spent with him. Those memories will always be locked away in a special part of my heart. When I found out, it was 10pm on the 14th. i cried so much. I was in hysterics. I was crying so hard that I honestly thought that I was going to have a heart attack. The next week leading up to his funeral was the hardest week to get through. His funeral was so beautiful. I remember it so vividly. His friends played a song that brought me to tears because they wrote it together. It was a beautiful so though. I still have the guitar pick that his mother gave all of us. We are coming up on the 1 year Anniversary of his passing and I cannot believe that it has already been a year. I feel like I went through a lot of emotions during this year. There were many times where I didn't think I was going to make it and there were many good days. I learned a lot in the last 12 months. One thing I learned is that life is short and that you shouldn't take life for granted. You one get one life to live so you need embrace the moment and just live! I also learned how to love deeper like he did. I loved Justin and I always will. I will continue to miss forever. To me he will always be my " Forever Friend", my "Saturday Night Kind of Pink".









Me & Josh
Me & Mrs. Wilson
March was such a great month! First was my 24th Birthday!! I had so much fun with my friends and it was one of my best birthdays on record. I can't believe that in 3 short months, that I will be 25!! I have a feeling that 25 will be a great year!! Especially spending it with all of my great friends. Towards the end of March, my best friend, sister, my Ride or Die got married to her best friend. It's amazing to see two people fall in love and to have seen it from the beginning. They are perfect for each and I was glad to be a part of their journey! I can't wait to see what the future holds for them! Congrats on almost a year of marwage!!!

Also in March, two of my favourite shows had their final seasons. The Vampire Diaries & Baby Daddy were amazing shows and every week I would watch them without fail. They both taught me a lot about life and I felt like I grew up with both of them. Vampire Diaries taught me how to be myself and to just live life like you are immortal. Baby Daddy taught to grow up and handle responsibilities and that family is most important.  From when I was 16 years old -24 years old, I did a lot of growing up and I will always feel like a Wheeler & a resident of Mystic Falls. 






















 I've been through a lot this year but the one thing that has brought me back to myself has been going back to church. I've been back since the beginning of June , and I have found that I'm so much happier since been back and going on a regular basis. At first I was going to just go, but as I got to know the people in my ward and really let the spirit in, that's when I knew that this is where I need to be and where I belong. I have made so many great friends in my YSA ward and I love every one of them so much. I won't embarrass you by name, but you know who you are.  They have become my family and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I know that eventually we will all move out of the ward and get married and everything but, I know that we will stay in touch & stay close with each other for a long time. At least I hope so. I feel like being back in the church for last 5 months or so that I have come to know who I am more and what I want out of people and what I want out of life. And that is pure happiness and love. I've also have realised how much I have grown in the short time I've been back.   I realised how mature I have gotten and I how like I've said before in a post, that I won't tolerate the same crap I did even two years ago. I want to surround myself with people who bring me up and that bring love & joy into my life and not pain and hurt. Before I sought attention from anyone who would give it to me because I wasn't happy. So I let people into my life who weren't necessarily the best people in the world, but at the time  I thought I needed them in my life. But I found that when I let those people go and out of my life , that I was so much happier. It honestly was like a huge weight had been lifted off me and that I could finally breathe again. It's been great.  I don't think I have ever been this happy in a very long time. I think it's because I have just put my life in the Lord's hands and just let life do it's thing and not get so frustrated all the time. Also to let the little things go and not get angry about things I cannot change because I can't control what happens in life, but I can control how I respond to it. I absolutely love this gospel and I would not trade it for the world. It was the best decision I made 7 years ago, and the best decision I made 5 months ago to come back & I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. It took a lot for me to come back for real this time. I went through a lot in the beginning of 2017 and I never thought that I would get through it and so i didn't go to church. I thought that nothing could help me and I wasn't relying on Heavenly father for his guidance and so I went on being miserable. In reality, HE has always been there for me, even when I wasn't there for myself. He brought me back to where I needed to be. This ward is like family to me and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love them all so much and I hope we are going to be friends for a long time. We have all had so much fun together. Whether it was Sunday Dinners, game nights, trips to Park City, listening to General Conference on the roof, Hiking Stewart Falls or parties, we had so  much fun. I cannot wait for what 2018 has to bring for us.


Me & Andy Biersack


Me & Sammy Adams










This year's Warped Tour was one for the books. I had so much fun. I saw so many great artists, a few that I never heard of until that day but now I love!! I have been wanting to see Andy Black live for so long and I finally got cross it off my bucket list! When I saw him on stage, I was in awe. Like I couldn't believe that he was standing there or that I was watching him perform.I also got to meet him a few hours beforehand. He is so nice and so talented and not to mention absolutely gorgeous. I also got to meet Sammy Adams and he was so cool and had a great set. He's also from the East Coast and super cute! Other artists I saw were" Our Last Night ( who I'm seeing live in March 2018), Hands Like Houses, American Authors, and Neck Deep. I had the time of my life and I can't wait until next Summer for the Final Warped Tour!





Joe Sugg 24hr. Livestream





In the middle of the Summer, I met a guy who was about to change my life forever. His name is John Jones. He is so sweet, humble, kind-hearted, amazing in every way and yes he is very good looking. He is also such a good example to everyone around him, including me. When we met, I had no idea for what was about to happen but I had a feeling that Heavenly Father was saying to me that he's a good guy, give him a chance. So I did and I have to say that I'm glad that I did because he's such an important person in my life. Shortly before I really met him, I found out that he was going on a mission. Even though I didn't really know him at the time, I was so proud of him and I still am. we have had so much fun together over the next few months and I wouldn't trade those months or memories for anything in the world.The day before he left was probably the hardest day I've had with him. I was dreading saying goodbye. I didn't want to. But I knew that this is going to be really good for us . In the next 2 years, we are going to grow so much and I'm excited for what will come. I hope to grow more closer o Christ and become a better daughter of God. John has really helped me with that through the way he is. Like I said earlier, I recently got my Temple recommend back and me and him went to the Provo City Center Temple to do baptisms. The feelings I had whilst in the temple were unlike anything I have ever felt before. I am so glad that I have back to the Temple and that I went with him because I think it brought us closer. He means the world to me & I can't wait to hear all the stories from him over the next 2 years. I love him so much & people of Spain are incredibly lucky to have him.


Me, Ty & Trey
The Icarus Account 09/16/2017

So much has happened this year. Good and Bad. We've survived floods, Hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, shooting and much more. I believe that the world became stronger because if it . In times of crisis I think that's when people become more involved and come together because we don't like to see one another fall. I know I don't. I think we are in for a whirlwind of a year in 2018. But I'm ready for it. I have so much planned for next year. Concerts, trips with friends and finishing reading the Book of Mormon. I'm so excited for what this year will bring. But I say let's have fun and just makes 2018 your year!!!



My 2018 Goals:
-Get my license
-Travel
-Read more
-BE HAPPY!
-Learn piano

Let's ring in the New Year and make it the best year yet!!!


Goodbye 2017......Hello 2018!!!


Cheers,
Tasha Siera

P.S. I got a new job in July at The Home Depot!

Comments

Popular Posts