My Favourite things about the Holidays Day 20

Hey Guys and welcome to Blogmas Day 20!!

There is only 5 days until Christmas and Blogmas is over. I'm a little sad and I'm going to miss doing blogmas, but I still have more favourites of mine to share!!

Day 20: Seeing the Lights in Temple Square



Around this time of year, going to see the lights at Temple Square is one of my favourite things to go and do. They start putting up the lights as early as August and they finish the week of Thanksgiving. They say up to 100 people at one time would be on the grounds making sure that everything gets done on time. I love Temple Square and the feeling it gives me each time I visit, but when I see the lights, it's a whole other feeling. It's absolutely amazing. When I see the lights at Temple Square, it looks like a whole other world. Like a winter wonderland. There are so many lights I feel as if space can see them. Each year when I go and see them, I feel a bit more festive and Christmassy. I love how a simple thing like lights can change what a place looks like. but it really does. I mean don't get me wrong, Temple Square looks beautiful any time of year, but it looks extra special during the holiday season. Every time I go, I have to get at least one picture of the temple because I just love the Temple so much. I remember the very first time I saw the lights. It was my first Christmas away from home and I felt a little homesick. So my roommates and I went up to Temple Square to see the lights. I had no idea what I was in for. I had only seen pictures of the lights and clips from watching Christmas Devotional but I had never seen them in person. When we got there, I was in complete awe of what I was seeing. It was beautiful. The lights, the set up and just being there in person was just amazing. This year I went with my friend and roommate Hannah. It has been like a year since I had seen the lights and I missed it. So when I went this year, it felt like the first time. 






Winter 2012
I hope you enjoyed Blogmas  Day 20 and loved looking at all the beautiful pictures. If you are ever in Utah in December, you should stop and go and see the lights. 

Come back tomorrow for Day 21!!


"Peace" in French


Much Love,
Tasha Siera xoxo

Comments

  1. Temple square is beautiful no denying that. Love the pictures you got your mom's eye for photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts