MY 25 Favourite things about the Holidays Day:10

 Hey Guys!!


   Welcome Back to Day 10 of Blogmas! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I wasn't feeling very well and I had a bad day so I decided to take a day off. But I'm back and I can't wait to share with you more of my favourites!!

                     Day 10: Spending Time w/ Family and Friends
In honor of Throwback Thursday.......


Photo credit: Krystal Walsh
Christmas Morning 2008

I love spending time with all my family and friends during the holidays. Just hanging out at home with my mom and my sister was one of my favourite things while growing up. Christmas especially because cause I loved doing Christmas things with them. This is a photo from way back in 2008 on Christmas morning. My favourite thing about Christmas morning was when me and my sister would wake up around like 6:30am or 7am. I would most likely be up first and go into my sister's room and wake her up or go to her bed when we shared a room.   I also would  go downstairs to see if Santa had come. But then as always, we would up too early so we would have to wait until like 8am when my mom would get up. The my mom would tell us to wait in our rooms for about 20 minutes before we could come in the living room. When we did get to come out, we saw that Santa had arrived and then we got to open our presents. A big part of my morning on that day was watching the Disney Christmas Parade. I have watched it every year since I can remember. I loved opening the presents and then seeing the carnage that followed after. Bits of wrapping paper scattered the floor. You could tell how we took off wrapping paper. I was like a mad woman just wanting to get to the gift. Whereas my sister took off the paper like it was gold or something.  After we unwrapped our presents, it would take forever to clean up the mess. Sometimes we wouldn't even get it all because there would be so many little pieces of paper all over the floor in our living room. There have been times where I would find Christmas paper in July. I miss Christmases at home. They were always the best. 




Christmas Party 2008

When I was in middle school, me and my best friend's family would spend the Holiday break together. I lived going over to hers, it was always so festive. We would have so much fun. Making a mess in the kitchen, goofing off in her grandma's basement or just playing in the snow. It didn't feel like the Holidays until the party at her house. I remember there was a ton of excellent food, and loads of tasty treats like cookies and cupcakes and an array of food. I remember one year i literally spent the entire break minus Christmas day with her and her family. That year me and my best friend Gabey made this snack called muddy buddies. also known as puppy chow. It had peanut butter, melted butter powdered sugar and sometimes sprinkles. We always made a mess ( by my own doing) and they always turned out very good. There was also one time where we decided it was a good idea to go in the hot tub when it was below 32 degrees. I miss these times. They were always my favourite part about the Christmas break.



I hope you enjoyed this trip down memory lane with me and made you think back to holiday break when you were younger.

Come back for more favourites and for Day #11 tomorrow!!!

Much love,
Tasha Siera xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts