25 of my Favourite things about the Holidays Day:6

    I hope you are ready for this blog post. It's bound to make you hungry.



                      Day #6 Christmas  Food


 As it gets closer and closer to Christmas people are getting more excited. As am I. And the one thing I really look forward to most during this time is all the food. I love going to Christmas Parties. Not only to see my family and friends, but to indulge in all the great food that is there. When I was younger, my family would always spend Christmas with my best friend and her family. It was always so much fun. we would play games, watch Christmas films, and play in the snow. But what I enjoyed most doing is spending time in the kitchen looking at the really good food.  My best friend and I would sometimes make snacks for the party and we would have so much fun just making a mess in the kitchen.  I loved just messing around in the kitchen with my best friend. There was this one treat that we would make each year. It was called muddy buddies (aka Puppy chow). I wasn't a great baker like my mom, so this is how I would contribute to the party. I really loved going over to her house for Christmas because they are like family to me, and they still are to me. Growing up, it would really be the Holidays without the traditional Walsh/Pawlowski Christmas Party. 
Each year during the holidays, my mom would get out kitchen aid and her recipe cards and begin start baking millions of cookies for various people in her life. Every year that me and my sister were in school she would make cookies for my teachers. Didn't matter how many we each had, she made cookies for all of them. But it wasn't just teachers, she would make cookies for our guidance counselors and a teacher or two that we liked from previous years.She would make a variety of cookies. My favorites were cut-out cookies, peanut butter kisses, chocolate crinkles, and candy cane. As a little surprise in the candy cane cookies, she would put bits of actual candy canes in them so that when you would bite into one, it would taste kinda like a Candy Cane.The Holidays were always a fun time in my house because the house would smell amazing. When my mom would tell me to make a list of my teachers, I would get so excited cause I knew that baking would begin very soon. The last day of school before break was always my favourite day at school. Well for one , we would have parties in all my classes, we would watch films, play games and just have fun. As the Christmas enthusiast I am, I would try and dress up every year. One year I actually dressed like Santa's Helper when I would pass out the cookies. She continued the tradition until I graduated high school.



 Food has always been one of my favourite parts about the holiday season and I hope to continue the traditions that my family had for when I eventually start a family of my own.


I hope you enjoyed Day 6 of Blogmas and reading about yummy food. What were some of your holiday traditions that you and your family had? Leave them in the comments section!!!
Day 7 is tomorrow!!!


  Much Love,
Tasha Siera xoxo







Comments

Popular Posts