My 25 Favourite things about he Holidays Day15

Hey Guys and welcome to Blogmas Day 15!!!!


                          I don't know about you but I'm so excited for Christmas!!!



                        Day 15: My top 10 Christmas Films

With so many great Christmas films out there, and only having to choose 10, this was a difficult decision. But I managed to pick 10 of my favourites. These are in no particular order as I could pick my number one favourite.


10. The Santa Clause

I love this movie. It's a Christmas classic. You can't really get through the holiday season without watching this movie. I watch it at least 4 or 5 times during the holidays. This movie follows a man named Scott Calvin and his son Charlie. Now Scott wasn't really in the Christmas Spirit. That is until Christmas Eve. His son Charlie hears a noise coming from the rooftop and they go and see what is is. Sure enough, it's Santa Claus himself. Then something unthinkable happens; Santa falls of the roof and lands in the snow. In short, Scott reads a card that says if something were to happen to Santa Claus, put on the suit and the rest will take care of itself. He does so and he turns into Santa. Throughout the movie, he keeps saying that he can't be Santa, but by the end of the movie , he embraces being Santa and everyone around him does as well. 

9. A Charlie Brown Christmas



Now this movie is one of my favourites because I love snoopy and the tree. This movie was made in 1965 and has become a staple in the Christmas tradition. It stars all the peanuts characters during Christmas. Charlie Brown is trying to find the true meaning of Christmas because to him he feels like all people care about is presents and money. So in an effort to renew the spirit of the seasons, he find a sad, little tree with very little needles and brings it home. But when he tries to put an ornament on it, it flops over. But then all his friends come together and help out the little tree. They show him that true Christmas spirit is not lost. I really like this short film because it shows that although, Christmas may seem all about presents and money and everything, the true meaning of Christmas can never be forgotten. I try to remember that when I'm buying presents or receiving them.

8. Elf


It's not really Christmastime until I have watched this movie. It has to be one of my all time favourites. It follows Buddy the Elf  (Will Ferrell) who mistakenly winds up in Santa's toy sack and ends up at the North Pole. There he is raised by papa elf ( Bob Newhart) and grows  up in an Elf environment. He doesn't have the heart to tell him that he's not an elf. So he tells him when he becomes an adult. He tells him that he was adopted and that his father lives in New York City. So Buddy travels to NYC and finds his father. Throughout the entire movie he is just trying to get his father to like him. Even though his father really isn't into the spirit of things , his family  grows to love and admire Buddy. He also falls in love with a girl named Jovie. But by the end of the movie his father accepts him for who he is and becomes filled with the Christmas spirit. I love this movie because it has so many funny moments, but it has the underlining message which is Never lose sight of who are.

7. Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer

Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (TV Movie 1964) photos, including production stills, premiere photos and other event photos, publicity photos, behind-the-scenes, and more.:

This movie was made in 1964 and become a cult classic within the Christmas movie family. It  plays every year on T.V. and I don't miss it. It's pretty self explanatory what the movie is about by the title. But the short version is that Santa has a team of reindeer but he needs to find the reindeer that will lead his sleigh come Christmas Eve. Rudolph, who is little at the time is mocked and teased by all the other reindeer because of his shiny red nose. His father Donner tries to conceal it and teach him the ins and outs of being a reindeer. But then by the end of it, he becomes Santa's lead reindeer because of his nose. He wants him to be the lead reindeer because that night there was a snowstorm and he could see. He asks him to guides his sleigh tonight. I love this movie and I watch it every year and I can't wait  to continue the tradition when I have a family.


7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas


I've already written a blogpost about how much I love this movie in my Christmas post, but I can't express enough how much I love this movie. I watch it every year and I can recite most of the movie. The  movie is about a town called Whoville where people love Christmas just as much if not more than me. They love buying presents and everything having to do with Christmas. but there no one that hates Christmas more than The Grinch himself. He absolutely hates everything to do with it. Everything from caroling to decorating to Christmas cookies. He decides to make a trip down to whoville and have a little fun. It also stars Cindy Lou Who; who having a little hard time with being in the Christmas spirit. She discusses it with her father while at the post office, but it doesn't seems like he is understanding where she coming from. She goes to the mailroom, this  is where she meets the Grinch. When the town is getting ready for their annual Whobilation, she nominates the Grinch for Holiday cheermeister. She goes to where the Grinch lives to  give him the news. While there she tries to convince him to attend. But then something goes wrong at the celebration and The Grinch takes it upon himself to destroy Christmas by taking all he presents and anything having to do with Christmas. But at the end he has a change of heart and ends up saving Christmas after all. I love this film and It's a tradition that every year I watch it at least 3 times.


6. The Polar Express




The Polar Express is one of my favourite movies because once you see this movie, you are filled with the Christmas spirit. This 2004 adaptation of a book stars Tom Hanks as Santa and Josh Hutcherson the young boy that is having doubts about Christmas and takes a journey to the North Pole  on none other that The Polar Express. Throughout the movie  people are trying to get him to see the wonder that is Christmas and what it means. During the majority of the movie he doesn't believe that all this is real. That Santa and the North Pole are real. He meets a man atop of the train who asks him what his opinion on Santa is. Hero Boy tells him he wants to believe but he doesn't want to be let down. The hobo says three words. Only three, but they are words that have a big meaning in this movie and to people everywhere. He says and I quote, " Seeing is believing". I think that is true in this movie. You can only believe it, if you see it. I feel like he couldn't believe in Santa because he hadn't seen him himself. I love this movie because it has the festive feel to it , but there's also a message that can be remembered even after the movie ends.


5. The Holiday





This is one of my favourites because it is a Christmas movie, but yet it has a lot of comedy to it. This movie also has four of my favourite actors and actresses in it. this movie is about two women  from America and England who exchange houses over the holidays after a breakup. One woman who can't cry about her breakup and one woman who can't stop crying. Both of them meet a guy and they begin to fall for them. Amanda meets a lovely englishman named Graham ( Jude Law) who just happens to be Iris' (Kate Winslet) brother. Whilst in America, Iris meets Miles ( Jack Black) who works with Amanda's ex, Ethan. I love this movie because I love the performances from all the characters as well as I love the plot of it.



4. Home Alone





Home Alone is on this list because one of the funniest movies I've seen but it's also a cult classic. Macaulay Culkin stars as Kevin Mccallister is is accidentally left at home by his family over the holidays. He thinks they disappeared because of a wish he made the night before. But when he having the time of his life being the only one is the house two con men try to break into his house, he tries to protect it. In the only way he knows how: pulling pranks. From filling the floor with racecars, to heating the door handle, he sets a series of booby traps.  This movie is so funny each time I watch I crack up laughing. I mean who wouldn't want to protect your house from robbers the way Kevin did? I know I would. 


3. Arthur Christmas


This became a favourite of mine last year when I stumbled upon ABC Family. 5 minutes into the movie , and I loved it. It's a little bit of different Christmas movie because it's about Santa's youngest son Arthur, who needs to deliver a present to a kid who was forgotten before the morning comes.when you see this movie you'll laugh, maybe cry but you will also find that Santa will never forget you. It's a family film that I think everyone needs to see.


2. New Years Eve


I already did a post on this movie but I love it. One of my favourite things about the holidays is New years Eve. Watching the ball drop, sipping champagne, the food and wondering who I will be kissing at midnight. Tis movie gets me excited for that. As I said before, it stars all of the very well-known stars in Hollywood. It shows New Years eve from all of their perspectives and I like that. I like seeing New Years through many different people and see what they do on this sparkling night. 


And last but certainly not least........

1. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas


This movie is the sequel to the Disney classic Beauty and the Beast and it takes place during the holidays. Belle loves Christmas and everything about it while he beast isn't exactly the poster child of Christmas. He tries to get into the spirit of things by going ice skating with her and asking Cogsworth what he should get her. Belle as well, doesn't know what to get him, so she decides to give him something that she adores: she writes him a story. Meanwhile, the organ a.k.a. Forte, despises Christmas , as well as the relationship between Belle and the master and tries to do anything he can to break them up and destroy Christmas. He enlists the help of his sidekick, Fife to do his dirty work in exchange for a solo in his honour. But nothing can destroy Christmas as long as Belle is there. I love this movie and what it means to me. To me it means than even when things seem uncertain, there is always light and the comfort of friends and family to be there for you. I believe that everyone should see this because it made me smile and sing my heart out, and I'm sure it will do the same for you.




Well, that was 10 of my favourite Christmas films. I have more but you would be reading forever if I put all my favourites on the list and I would be typing forever...


Come back tomorrow for Day 16!!!!


Much Love,
Tasha Siera xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts