My 25 Favourite Things About the Holidays Day: 4

          There are many things that I love about the Holidays and Christmas, but I think that one of my top 2 favourites is all the treats you get to have! I think the Holidays are probably the only time during the year when you can pig out on treats and things and no one would judge you for it. I absolutely love it!! I eat so much during the Holiday Season so I will just share with you some of the ones that I snack on most of the time!!!
                           
                   Day #4
                           Christmas Goodies!


I spend so much money during the season just on buying treats and snacks that sometimes I have a cabinet filled with Christmas goodies. So I was at my local grocery store today and I spotted these sweet things. To be honest, these are are only a few of my favourite sweets that I like during Christmastime. 



One of my favourite parts  about the holidays apart from the tree and the films and such is the variety of Candy Canes you can get. I mean, it seems like every year they bring out a new flavor of Candy canes . Just when I was there I saw, chocolate, pixi stix, sweet tarts and many others. But the three that saw that I really like are Sweedish fish, Peppermint and Sour Patch. I really also like Starburst candy canes but I couldn't find them. The sour patch ones are really good but when I first had them they were really sour!! The two others are really good. I love to take the peppermint ones and crush them up and make Hot Chocolate with them. I crush them up and dip a cup in the crumbs. Mmmmmm it's so delicious!!!


I loooooove chocolate at anytime during the year, but it's so different in the winter and I don't know why. But Chocolate just tastes a little better.  I eat a few chocolate things during winter.   But this year I'm really loving Terry's chocolate orange and See's candy. There's so much to love about See's candy that I love but I would say hat I really love the truffles. My go-to's are:Raspberry Truffle, Dark Chocolate Chip, Light/ Dark Chocolate. But I also like Raspberry cream, Scotchmallow, dark molasses and so many more. 

I also get so excited about the Christmas cookies that my mom would make every year for the house and both me and my sisters teachers. My mom would make an upwards of over 1,000 cookies year. This continued until we both graduated from high school. My favourite part about the Christmas cookies was making them with my mom. From the time I was a little one I would hep my mom bake in the kitchen.  I would either help measure things when I was too little or I would help her do the big things. But my favourite  part when me and my sister would help with the Christmas cookies  is when we got to cut-out the cookies and got to eat the extra dough. Mmmmmm. Later on, we would help frost and put sprinkles on them. It was my favourite thing to do during the Holidays with my mom and my sister growing up.





I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite sweets and other treats today!!!Tell me in the comments what your fav sweets are during this time of the year!

Day #5 is tomorrow, and its a cute one!!

Much Love,
       Tasha Siera xoxo











Comments

Popular Posts