My 25 Favourite things about the Holidays:Day #1

Christmas adverts, holiday drinks at Starbucks, and stores filled with an endless supply of decorations. Yep, it's that time of year again. HOLIDAY SEASON!!!! I have to say it is my favorite season and as you might have guessed by the title of this post, that Christmas is my favourite holiday. So I've decided (and hopefully i can follow through with it) to post 25 of my favourite things I love about the holidays. So each day leading up to Christmas I'm going to try to post one thing i like. So lets get started shall we?


              #1 Decorating the Christmas Tree

Photo credit: Krystal Walsh
For as long as I can remember me and my family would decorate the Christmas tree. Every year round the second week of December my mom would pull out our tree from storage  and start assembling it. We've had a fake tree ever since I was little. My mom would spend hours, sometimes a couple of days ( if she was too tired) putting up the tree. Whilst my mom was putting the lights on the tree, my sister and I would be going through the decorations and separating them in little piles of which ones were mine and which ones were hers to put on the tree.  While we would hang up the ornaments, we also would have Christmas music playing. We had a ton of decorations and sometimes it would take us maybe 2-2 1/2  hours to hang all the decorations. We have a lot of them. We have some from years ago, things we made in school. And sometimes we would take toys from our room and add them to the tree. My sister would even make little winter outfits out of construction paper for some of them. I love decorating the tree because you get to spend time with your family  and really get into the Holiday spirit!! Also, if you have any ornaments that you made in school, you and your family can have a right old laugh!!!


          So that was Day #1.......come back tomorrow for more of my favorite things!!!
                                                                         

                                                                                        xoxo, 
                                                                                              Tasha Siera

Comments

Popular Posts