My 25 Favourite things about the Holidays Day 14

Hello guys and Welcome to Blogmas Day 14!!


                 We are less than 2 weeks until Christmas and I couldn't be more excited!! But I'm also kinda bummed cause means Blogmas is nearly over. But I'm having fun sharing my favourites with you guys and I hope you love Blogmas as much as I do!

Day 14: SNOW!!!!





I love this time of year and where I live because I am guaranteed  at least some snow during winter. I have loved snow ever since I was a kid. Random fact about me: I was actually born in a blizzard. Yes, on the day I was born there was a huge blizzard that swept through my town. My mom tells me that she remembers that we lived 5 minutes away from the hospital but it took 45 minutes to get there. I guess I was just born to love snow. Although, the relationship between me and snow hasn't always been sparkly. When I was younger, my town was familiar with having snow days. So during winter, I would check the news every morning to see if they closed my school. Whenever I would watch the news and I saw along the bottom of the screen that school was closed, a lot of the time, I would sometimes cry. That's when I absolutely loved school and would be sad if I couldn't go. But as I got older, I didn't mind snow days as much unless something exciting in school was happening. Like back in 2006, there was a horrible snowstorm that happened in October of that year. It dumped nearly 2 feet of snow in 2 days and it also left over 100,000 people without power and some homes didn't get power back for a week or so. I didn't get power back for 9 days. I remember seeing a transformer blow right across the street from me. We were not prepared for this because it was still fall so there were no plows out to help and that's why it was so bad. That week the storm hit is when I was supposed to go on a class trip, so that bummed me out. At the same time , I love snow.  I love how it changes the way you look at a town. It's almost magical how different a town looks when it snows. My favourite part about snow is when it falls and it's untouched. the way it sparkles in the light is amazing. What I also love about it is the very first snowfall of the season. The first picture shown is of the first snowfall of the season. It didn't stick, but it did snow. The picture below it was taken today as the first legit snow of the season. I was worried we weren't going to get any snow because i was the 14th, and we hadn't had snow yet. 



start video at 1:02

This video from season 1 episode 8 of Gilmore Girls Lorelai is talking about her love for snow and how it started. She talks about how when she was sick she wished that something great would happen. The when she woke the next morning, she said that it had snowed. She said that it felt like her own present, but then realized that snow came every year. But she still thinks sometimes its for her. I kind of feel that way also. Like things are much better when it snows. Things seem a lot brighter, people are a lot happier, it's just so comforting. And the clothes might I add are so cute. All the sweaters, gloves, leg warmers etc....  





In this video from the same episode, Lorelai gets up because she says that she can smell that snow is coming and so she opens the window and just sits on the couch and smells the air. Then she proceeds to tell her daughter Rory, that all good things happen when it snows. And I happen to agree with her on that. Good things do happen when it snows. I had my best birthday party in the snow, I went to see the lights in my town, I had a great date in the snow. I also got kissed in the snow. I feel like great things happen when it snows because the world is different. Its more dream-like. Magical if you will. 


I'm really excited for this years winter. I have a feeling good things are about to happen. I hope you enjoyed reading this post about why I love snow and sometimes why I don't and everything having to do with snow.


More to come tomorrow!!

Much Love,
Tasha Siera xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts